Ed Adkison, a founder of Adkan Engineers, is Adkan's Principal Surveyor. He has more than 38 years of professional surveying experience in Southern California. Mr. Adkison began his career in Orange County with Jerry Hayes, L.S., performing boundary and topographic surveys for service stations throughout California, Arizona and Nevada.
Today, Mr. Adkison's experience includes all aspects of land development and has included managing a staff of up to 87 individuals. Mr. Adkison's field experience, combined with his management skills, affords him the full-working knowledge necessary to meet the needs of our clients.
With mention to civic involvement, Mr. Adkison, a retired Riverside City Councilman, is familiar with how municipalities work. His experience has provided Mr. Adkison the opportunity to be involved in selecting design teams, acquiring additional rights-of-way, reviewing environmental documents, locating a funding source for construction and emphasizing the need for quality control. With additional mention to civic involvement, Mr. Adkison served as Chairman of the Riverside County Transportation and Land Management Agency Study Team (1991-1992); served on the March Joint Powers Commission (2004-2006); the Riverside County Airport Land Use Commission (1996-2002); and as an alternate on the Local Agency Formation Commission for Riverside County (2005-2007). Mr. Adkison currently serves as a member of the Board of Director’s, 46th District Agricultural Association Southern California Fair Board, a position appointed by California Governor Jerry Brown.
Some of Mr. Adkison's past work experience includes:
- Responsible Charge of Surveying services on over 200 tract and parcel maps & 80 records of survey throughout Southern California.
- Stringfellow Acid Pits, Riverside County, CA – This was a remediation project to clean a toxic waste dump. Mr. Adkison was the responsible charge surveyor for all aspects of field surveying for the entire project. This included, construction-control surveys, boundary and topographic surveys (both onsite and downstream for monitoring wells). This project also included design surveys to develop channel and access road plans. This project required that all survey personnel be Haz-Mat certified.
- Eagle Mountain Landfill for L.A. County Sanitation District, Desert Center, CA – Mr. Adkison was in responsible charge for the surveying on this project which consisted of an A.L.T.A. Survey of approximately 4,000 acres. This project included surveying for boundaries, aerial topography, locating buildings, railroads, utilities, easements, etc.
- Santa Monica Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA – Mr. Adkison was in responsible charge for the surveying of the almost three-year project overseeing the rehabilitation and realignment of approximately 2 ½ miles of roadway that went from SR 405 and modifications thereto, easterly to the Beverly Hills City Limit. This project included construction staking and preserving and setting monuments, including center-line ties. This project was managed by the City of Los Angeles.
- Mr. Adkison was the Responsible Charge Surveyor of Establishing Right-of-Way, Preserving and Restoring Monuments, and Construction Staking on the Following Projects:
- SR 73—Street & Bridge Widening at N/B Paving
- SR 241—Street & Bridge Widening at W/B Paving
- SR 241—Street Widening on Pavement at Both Sides of Toll Road
- I-15—Pala Road Bridge
- I-5—Northridge Earthquake Reconstruction
- I-5 & SR 55—First Phase of Flyover
- SR 55—Ret. Walls from I-405 to S. Terminus of SR 55
- SR 55—Freeway Extension from Fairview to Arlington
- Riverside National Cemetery, Riverside, CA – Mr. Adkison was in Responsible Charge of Monumentation to Identify 40,000 New Gravesites.
- Rancho Royale Specific Plan, County of Riverside /Desert Hot Springs, CA— Mr. Adkison spear-headed the completion of this specific plan that resulted in over 9,000 units. The specific plan was initially processed in the County of Riverside and once the 2,000 acre property was annexed into the City of Desert Hot Springs the Specific Plan was adopted by the City.
- Indian Hills Specific Plan, County of Riverside, CA — Mr. Adkison was the principal-in-charge for the subdivision of the Indian Hills Golf Course located in the Jurupa area within the County of Riverside. The project spearheaded the ultimate build-out of the 1,500 unit specific plan, which consisted of units ranging from high-density apartments to single family detached units. The project consisted of re-mapping FEMA flood ways and dealing with difficult environmental constraints.
Mr. Snell has almost 30 years of experience in the land surveying field. Since joining Adkan Engineers in 1987, he has held positions ranging from survey party chief to Vice President. His varied background and wide experience as a manager has allowed our survey division to blossom; while under his leadership it has grown in size while still maintaining a reputation as an accurate, service-oriented team.
During the past 17 years in his position as Director of Survey, Mr. Snell has been directly in charge of the completion of over 4,600 projects. These projects have ranged in size from a 10-lot subdivision to the completion of a $70 million-dollar sewage and water filtration plant. Mr. Snell's expertise allows the Survey Division to provide various types of surveys including A.L.T.A. Surveys, Boundaries, Topographic and GPS surveys, along with all variations of construction staking.
Adkan Engineers is currently the largest survey company in the Inland Empire, running ten union survey crews, five of which are GPS equipped.
Some of Mr. Snell's recent past work experience includes:
- Palm Springs International Airport, Palm Springs, CA - Mr. Snell directed the field crews on three different construction projects at the Palm Springs Airport. Some of the scope involved on this project included, but was not limited to, new taxiway / runways, 12,000 foot runway shoulder widening, taxiway / runway paving, lighting and striping, storm drain and perimeter screen wall.
- Crafton Ranch Master Planned Community, Yucaipa, CA - Mr. Snell was directly in charge of monitoring the field work At this almost 20 square miles, this community consists of over 3,000 homes, as well as the Yucaipa Valley Golf Course.
- Chuckawalla State Prison, Blythe, CA – Mr. Snell coordinated the field engineering during the construction of the prison. This included establishing boundary locations, verifying existing survey/topography information provided by the design engineer, construction staking, identifying conflicts of plans with topographic data, as-builts upon completion of construction and the collection of all data necessary to provide certifications.
- Mr. Snell was the project director for the following notable construction staking projects:
- Multiple building and site improvements at the University of California Riverside
- Taxiway Rehabilitation at the San Diego International Airport
- North western Riverside County / City Animal Shelter, Riverside, CA
- Liberal Arts bldg./So. Quad Complex, Long beach City College, Long Beach CA